REFLECTIONS ON LEADERSHIP
As a retired old man, I wanted to share these thoughts. Actions based on these reflections stood me in good stead over many years of organisational leadership.
* Be a listener.
* Lead by action.
* Walk the walk. (Walking the walk is more important than talking the talk when walking is not part of that talking.)
* Offer praise.
* Catch people doing something good so praise can be offered.
* Share celebrations with staff and associates.
* Take ownership of issues needing attention before molehills become mountains.
* Delegate decisions not just tasks.
* Know about each workplace associate and be known to them.
* Write notes of thanks.
* Let people know why you have to do what you do with regard to imposed system.
* Understand policy and direction.