AUSTRALIA DAY NOT ALL DOOM AND GLOOM
Those who knock Australia Day infer there is nothing for Indigenous Australians to celebrate. That for mine is not right.
* Celebrate the growing percentage and contribution of indigenous sportspeople.
* Celebrate the growing number of our indigenous population making it in the academic world.
* Celebrate those schools and communities who are developing sound habits of school attendance and the development of local industries.
* Celebrate the growing number of first Australian who are politicans.
* Celebrate the growing group of indigenous artists and those who share culture.
* Celebrate the festivals which are increasingly a manifest part of our demonstration of heritage.
* Celebrate the growing number of Aboriginal businesses and corporations.
* Celebrate the growing number of Aboriginal people who are now being elected to parliament.
* Celebrate the confidence of Aboriginal women in many places to speak out and share their viewpoints.
* Celebrate indigenous Australian who have home and property ownership.
The list goes on. This construct took less than ten minutes.
There is much to celebrate about Indigenous Australia and for our Aboriginal people.
IT IS NOT ALL DOOM AND GLOOM. CELEBRATE ALL PEOPLE ON AUSTRALIA DAY.